Everyone likes a quick and easy way to make money. What is especially brilliant is when you can do this from the comfort of your own home.
In Post-Covid America, working from home has become a more and more common thing to do. As a society we have gotten used to the comfort of working in our lounge pants on the sofa and for most of us, its something we are reluctant to give up.
Taking surveys online is a way to earn rewards in our spare time while cozy on the couch. Although you won’t earn enough to pay all the bills, sharing your opinion may help offset them. Companies are interested in your feedback regarding their products and services so they can continue to improve and/or develop new stuff we can benefit from in the future. The information you share is valuable to them, so they are willing to compensate you for your time. No all survey takers qualify for all online surveys. Often there are qualifiers to ensure that businesses are getting opinions from the people that have used or would use what they offer.
If you take a survey and don’t qualify for it, don’t give up on survey taking. There are plenty of opportunities for you to earn – you just need to be patient or find them.
Find them? Isn’t it hard to do that? No, but it takes time. Is your time really worth the hassle? We explore the opportunity below in more detail so you can decide for yourself!.
Are There Any Start Up Costs?
When endeavoring into any new money-making scheme it is important to consider any possible start up costs.
The good news is that when it comes to start-up costs for completing online surveys, most of the things that you will need you will probably already have at home.
First and foremost you need to be able to access the internet in order to even load the surveys, but let’s face it, if you are reading this article in all likelihood you probably already have the internet (or have access to free wi-fi).
You also need a device that accesses the internet. This could include a desktop computer, tablet or your mobile smart phone.
Most people in the United States have access to one of these devices, so overall, the start-up costs are minimal to none.
How Much Can I Earn?
You can earn as little as nothing or several hundreds of dollars of month. It depends!
It depends on how many surveys you take, how many surveys you qualify for, how many surveys you complete, how long the survey is, the survey format, the type of survey and more. Because of all these variables it’s impossible to set a dollar amount. As such, taking surveys should be fun. The money you earn should be for “extras” not necessary to support yourself or your family. With a positive attitude and outlook, you will enjoy the time it takes to participate in online surveys instead of dreading it or feeling the pressure to earn from them.
Really, though, how much can I make? Well, as a rule, most surveys pay between 40 cents and $5, however, specialty panels and focus groups can offer gifts much higher than that, like $100 or more! These types are projects are rare because its expensive for the company to do them. As such, if ever get invited to one, be sure to take advantage of the opportunity and participate to get the greatest incentive possible.
Most surveys only take between two and twenty minutes to complete, however, the focus groups could take considerably more time (which is why they pay more).
If you take an average of 30 surveys a month, and each survey takes 10 minutes and pays on average $3 per complete, you could make $90 in 5 hours time or $18/hour. Not bad, if you are taking surveys during TV commercial time or while binge-watching Netflix!
How Would I Get Paid?
One of the biggest drawbacks to using paid surveys as a way of making money is that you usually have to earn a certain amount before you can cash out. Minimum are usually around $15, but can be higher or lower depending on the company managing them.
Most often you are not paid in cash. Instead you are compensated with gift cards, charitable donations or via paypal.
What Are The Drawbacks?
Working from home, no start up costs and easy work can be difficult to pick fault with however this does not mean that online surveys have no drawbacks.
The drawbacks can include:
- Scams– When looking for good online survey companies to sign up to it can be easy to fall for scams. Scammers can sell your details or even be very costly so it is really important to avoid being scammed. However, the good news is that by reading reviews and using trusted brands you can give yourself some good protection from this.
- Spam emails– Signing up to new websites such as survey providers can lead to a large increase in spam emails which can be incredibly annoying and even concerning when they address you directly and have your details. Remember you can always block unwanted senders in your email account.
- Low pay– Paid surveys are not the most effective way of making money and nearly all of the time even if you choose to take this up you will need another job. It is best to see paid surveys as the adult version of pocket money rather than as a job.
- Mental health– Sitting alone doing paid surveys all of the time can become monotonous and isolating.
- Time– In order to make any sort of decent amount of money from online surveys you have to invest a lot of time in completing them however this is not always possible and even if it is it is far from ideal.
- No Guaranteed Wage– You can never know when there will be surveys appropriate for you so they are not a guaranteed source of income rather just a good boost as and when they are available.
The question of whether paid surveys are worth it is a very difficult one to answer as it depends what you intend to get out of completing them. As an effective money earner it is fair to say no.
They are not worth leaving your job or ditching other forms of income for as they are unlikely to bring a lot of cash home. However, when being used here and there as an extra little booster they can be worth it as they are easy and free to complete and after all who doesn’t love a few extra dollars.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to participate on a site, we may earn a commission. Thank you for your support. We use any revenue generated to maintain valuable content that supports your earning potential.